View Single Post
Old June 16, 2013, 08:43 AM   #10
Pond, James Pond

Quote:
MHO, I am not a great fan of max loads. A constant diet of max loads has been well known to cause premature wear on some revolvers. I have seen more than one Model 29 worn out by a constant diet of max loads. If you want more power out of a 44Mag, make sure you revolver can handle it.
I have a Ruger Redhawk: it should handle the power. I am not looking to shooting max loads all the time. I want to develop a load, based around the 275gr LFN that will be near max, as a woods load. I will develop the load, load up a couple of dozen and that will be that. Aside from the occasional practice shot to remind myself what they feel like, I will mostly be back on the mild 200-grainers and a few fuller 240gr loads.

Folks:
Whilst I appreciate the time taken to post, this is not a thread to discuss the merits of my chosen bullet/load. The ins and outs of my gun and ammo are just to put the discussion in context.

The issue is what is a dependable means of gauging when one's loads are exceeding max pressure if one does not have actual pressure gauging equipment

Page generated in 0.04027 seconds with 8 queries