View Single Post
Old September 18, 2007, 04:27 AM   #33
gazbone01uk2

Borealis

I recently purchased the Borealis Flashlight “The Rolls Royce" Which is fantastic. A work mate has the Surefire M3 CombatLight® which I though was extremely bright and had considered purchasing this one @ $252, but after reading this forum and contacting Blackbear for advice, I decided to go ahead and purchase the Borealis @ $260. When it arrived I was so excited I could hardly wait to get back to work and try it out. On my first night shift I had the perfect opportunity to try it out as that night I had to patrol a part of the university campus which has no lighting what so ever and is extremely dark. I used to use the Maglite® 3 Cell which I had adapted with a 3Watt LED Bulb, *the difference was noticeable* but nothing compared with the light output of the Borealis not even the Surefire M3 CombatLight® could come close (in my opinion).
The Borealis is made to an exceptional standard and I hope to have many more years of usage out of it, possibly the last flashlight I’ll ever purchase.
If anybody was in two minds, like I was in which flashlight to purchase I would go for the Borealis every time.

All the best for the future Blackbear keep making them flashlights.
gazbone01uk2

Page generated in 0.02944 seconds with 8 queries