View Single Post
Old August 7, 2011, 12:21 PM   #16
Kevin Rohrer

Quote:
The strong mount is a solution for what I'd call a Dillon design flaw. The linkage geometry is such that to get full stroke it swings under the press mounting base.....if you don't elevate the press your options are to notch out the edge of the bench for clearance or cantilever the mount.
Absolutely, although I wouldn't call it a 'flaw'. Dillon made a conscious decision to make the 550/650 as versatile as possible while economizing on the design. When it was designed, all presses hung down below the bench and Dillon gave their presses a long stroke to accommodate both pistol and rifle cartridges. Dillon does not make low-quality, poorly designed junk, like some other manufacturers we can name.

Having written that, after having spent years bumping against my Rockchucker, when I expanded my bench to it's present appearance, I made a conscious decision not to have anything hanging down and getting in my way. The Strong Mount solves that complaint I have w/ my 550.

Caveat Emptor: Cavery Grips/AmericanGripz/Prestige Grips/Stealth Grips from Clayton, NC. He is a scammer

Last edited by Kevin Rohrer; August 7, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02140 seconds with 8 queries