View Single Post
Old November 22, 2007, 04:27 PM   #1
zap

Taper Dies for Lee P1000?

I finally got back into reloading to cut costs at the pistol range. Therefore, I like the price of the Pro 1000 as compared to the Dillon rigs. The ammo I load looks good, performs consistently and is accurate. However, after this last batch, I'm rather unhappy with the number of malfunctions I'm experiencing.

A friend suggested going to a taper die saying this would stop the problem. Since the P1000 is a 3 hole press, I'm uncertain how to proceed. I use the auto bullet feeder and it works well with the carbide die that came with the press. But, will it work at all with a different die realizing I need to seat and crimp in the same function? Is this even possible? What die should I get?

Is there something else I should consider? Am I possibly just not adjusting the die correctly to make the ammo work well in my gun (a S&W 4003 that I carry while on duty)

Sorry for all the questions. I've looked through the forum but have been unable to locate an answer that seems to address this specific problem.

TIA

Page generated in 0.03183 seconds with 8 queries