View Single Post
Old November 26, 2009, 08:18 AM   #1
dropthehammer

Leupold Rifleman opinion

Just wanted to share my opinion in case any of you are considering buying one of these scopes. I recently purchased a used 3-9x40 Leupold Rifleman series scope. I have Leupolds on all of my scoped hunting guns. I think the Leupold has always been a good value for the money. I buy mine used, and have been happy with the quality,......until now. I purchased this scope online, having never actually looked at this model in person. With my past experience, didn't think I could go wrong with the Leupold. The power and eye adjustments require a strap wrench for adjustment. The optics are horrible. Windage and elevation adjustments are decent and the scope zeroed easily, and appeared to hold zero after 10 shots. I guess you get what you pay for, but I expected a little more from Leupold. I was zeroing another rifle at the same time, this rifle was equipped with a $70 BSA Catseye scope. I don't know how the BSA will hold up over time, or what, if any warranty it has, but it was 10x better quality than the Leupold at 1/3 the cost. Maybe this Leupold is just a bad one. Check the Rifleman series out before you buy. Happy Thanksgiving and safe hunting.

Page generated in 0.03262 seconds with 8 queries