View Single Post
Old August 19, 2009, 11:37 PM   #265
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuTcAsT
those of us who are "awake" must take care, lest we alienate the "choir" .
I think you are in the choir. Where divemedic (and others) and I disagree is that I know that public opinion is important to our maintaining and restoring our gun rights. It has something to do with voting and that majorities are good to have on your side.

I don't care what they "think" of me but I do care how they vote and I know if they consistently vote against us it is not a good thing.

I also know most of them do not own guns and so rather than give them a in-your-face attitude I want to either win them over to our side or at least have them be neutral on gun control and not help those who wish to take those rights away.

I guess I am looking for results and I believe we will get them through our system. It is not a matter of me giving up any rights, I just don't want them taken away by a lack of votes while the choir is yelling "What part of shall not be infringed don't you understand!".

Page generated in 0.02530 seconds with 8 queries