View Single Post
Old October 12, 2009, 01:03 AM   #38
trooper3385

I've probably worked 100+ car crashes involving deer here in Texas. Probably twice that many with people trying to avoid the collision and either striking a tree or rolling the car. Of all the crashes I've worked involving deer, I've only worked one where a deer actually went through the windshield. It was a young girl following her parents. The deer hit the side of the parents van, spun around in the air and went through her front windshield and out the back window. Luckly it hit right in the middle and went in between the driver and passenger. My recommendation, if a deer runs out in front of you, hit the breaks and don't swerve. If you hit it, then that's what insurance is for. I've never worked a crash where someone hit a deer and was seriously injured. On the other hand, some of the crashes that I've worked that drivers swerved to miss it have not walked away. Now if it's a horse or in some of your neck of the woods, elk or moose, you better take your chances swerving to miss it. I've seen a couple of people lose a head from hitting a horse and having it take the top of a car off.

Page generated in 0.02088 seconds with 8 queries