Thread: SUREFIRE 6Z
View Single Post
Old May 8, 1999, 09:45 PM   #2
ThomasH

Mike,

I am the person who started complaining about the "Sure-Fire problem", and I haven't seen any evidence that they are working on the problem, or that they even acknowledge a problem exists.

But the problem is currently with the 9 volt models, although a customer service rep said that when they start using the "new" lamp modules with the 6 volt models, the problem will occur there as well.

The problem is that the 9 volt models have a much more defuse beam shape, without the central circular "hot-spot" that I think is the distinct advantage of the Sure-Fire lights. A Sure-Fire customer service person said this started two years ago with the 9 volt lamps, when they changed something (suppliers?). The rep also said that when the current stock of 6 volt assemblies is used up and the "new design" 6 volt lamps start being used, they too will no longer have tightly focused beams with a circular hot spot, but the much more defuse, oval beams shape that the 9 volt lamps currently have.

The 6 volt falshlights and replacement lamp assemblies I have purchased recently still have the nice tight beam. But only one 9 volt flashlight has had a fairly tight beam, and all P90 9 volt replacement lamps have displayed the wide oval, defuse beam. I have been very disappointed.

The problem has not been addressed, in my opinion.

Thomas

Page generated in 0.04001 seconds with 8 queries