View Single Post
Old March 4, 2011, 10:07 PM   #10
Gary L. Griffiths

My E-Mail to Senator Grassley:

Senator Grassley:

OK, let me get this straight: When border-state gun dealers report suspicious multiple purchases to ATF, they order the dealers to sell the guns anyway, then let them disappear into Mexico, in order to justify new regulations requiring dealers in border states to report multiple purchases, and to substantiate the administration's claims that most guns used in Mexico's drug wars come from the US. And now, the chickens have come home to roost, and a Border Patrol Agent lies dead, shot by one of the guns that ATF could have interdicted.

ATF's pandering to administration politics certainly seems complicit in the death of a Federal law enforcement officer. I urge you not to let them stonewall you, and to hold their feet to the fire for politicizing their investigation, thus jeopardizing lives on both sides of the border.
Violence is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and valorous feeling which believes that nothing is worth violence is much worse. Those who have nothing for which they are willing to fight; nothing they care about more than their own craven apathy; are miserable creatures who have no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the valor of those better than themselves. Gary L. Griffiths (Paraphrasing John Stuart Mill)

Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 8 queries