View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 12:37 PM   #14
jg0001

FWIW, I also have a SA Kimber; since that is what you are considering as an alternate, allow me to comment further.

Assuming both weapons have a round in the chamber AND are cocked, then yes, I too would feel safer with the Kimber (and it's manual lock) than with the Sig. However, if we compared a cocked and locked Kimber with a non-cocked Sig, the non-cocked Sig will come across as safer to me every time. Don't you think you could more easily 'unlock' the Kimber on a holster pull and accidentally loose a round easier than accidentally grabbing the Sig and pulling hard enough on the trigger (again, assume de-cocked)?

Also, assuming you are going to carry with the chamber loaded on the Kimber AND assuming you were going to carry with it not-cocked, how comfortable are you de-cocking a loaded gun manually? Even with the backstrap safety, I wouldn't want to do that. [Conversely, I feel very safe de-cocking the Sig as it has a lever just for that purpose.]

If you were going to carry without a round chambered, then I see almost no difference at all, assuming you carried the Kimber unlocked. Now, if you locked the Kimber AND didn't have a round loaded, well, that's another story entirely, but I imagine others here would think you may have a tough time getting in defensive posture like that.

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 8 queries