View Single Post
Old June 16, 2009, 10:55 AM   #11
OuTcAsT

Quote:
I can understand you being concerned and frightened. You, your mother, and your sister should be prepared for something serious happening. It is time to call a family meeting and discuss such things as which room is safest, making sure that you have a telephone to use if you have to retreat to a safe room, and yes, the reality of self defense with lethal force. It sounds like you should also be discussing situational awareness with your family, especially with regards to such things as getting to and from the car safely, having keys out, and so on.
Quite correct, you need to be pro-active in coming up with a plan that your Mom and Sister can implement so that there is no confusion when things turn ugly. Find the safest room in the house, preferably one that has no easy window access from outside, put a good lock on the door to that room, and have them bunker down in there. They should have the firearm, a cell phone with the power cord and one should call 911 and stay on the line until help arrives, if someone breaches that door, they need to be prepared to defend themselves. Practice this drill, several times, until it is automatic. As advised earlier, contact your police department's administration (Chief,Commissioner,Watch Commander) and explain in detail what is happening, they are in a better position to order more patrols.

The thing that sticks out in my mind (from personal experience) is that there seems to be some "personal" connection between these thugs, and your Mom's house for some reason. I have no Idea of you, or your sister's ages, but this sounds suspiciously like some sort of "teenage grudge" type thing, you might want to question your sister about that, or think if someone might have cause to be targeting you. Not accusing, just curious.

ETA: I see this started when your mom called the police on the first occasion, You have been given some good advice as far as keeping good records, and making contact with the police, and states atty. You should also get the neighborhood involved, go door to door and tell everyone what is happening, give them descriptions of the thugs and their vehicle, the more eyes you have on the problem the better.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Last edited by OuTcAsT; June 16, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

Page generated in 0.02440 seconds with 8 queries