View Single Post
Old October 25, 2001, 11:13 AM   #11
Johnny Guest
Moderator in Memoriam

The Core-Lokt will do just fine - - -

Several years back, a hunting buddy said he was getting up an order to Midway, for a bunch of stuff they had on sale. We ended up splitting 500 Win .30-06 cases, a thousand 165 Pointed Soft Point Core Lokt bullets, and some other stuff I don't recall.

I had been loading Sierra 165 BTHP bullets for years, and they worked fine, so I was a little leery of these "bargain basement" bullets. I found that, over a healthy dose of 4350 powder, they served us well, and it took us a LONG time to use up those bullets. When they ran low, we just bought some more.

We killed more deer than I can recall, several hogs, some coyote, and I don't know what all, with those bullets. The main thing though, was that they were so inexpensive that we could afford to shoot plenty for practice, and plinking, from field positions. Being comfortable with, and having confidence in, your rifle/sight/abilities all put together, is a big part of a successful hunt. I always KNEW, when Doug said, "Let's run up to Clay County and stalk Bambi," that my rifle and ammo would be ready, up to the limits of MY ability.

Best,
Johnny

Page generated in 0.03145 seconds with 8 queries