View Single Post
Old August 22, 2009, 03:16 PM   #6
gson

Quote:
Sounds like you want either an 2 1/8" S&W Model 60 or a Ruger SP101

Both are all-steel, five-shot, exposed-hammer, snubnoses. The S&W is a .357 Magnum, as are most versions of the Ruger, but you can shoot .38 Spls in them safely to your heart's content. The all-steel construction is deeply helpful in recoil control, and since you've mentioned you're not concerned about carry weight, this is probably the way to go for you.

In both cases, it would probably behoove you to get bigger, fuller grips to replace the stock ones, but you can get something very comfortable and still concealable like the Pachmayr Compac for not very much.

Good luck, welcome to the forum, and let us know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the warm welcome. One question about using either of those guns. As I mentioned I shot a .38 Cobra Special CTG, and afterwards I knew I wanted something smaller/more concealable to carry around than that. Won't the .357 be just as big?

Quote:
a CCW gun that's good for the range? nope.
Range guns tend to be big and heavy. You can shoot them all day.
Snubbies are small and light. Some are brutal to shoot.
And weight counts in a CCW. More than size.

Good luck

AFS
Hey thanks for the info. Your right, I can't have a range gun and a perfect CCW in one. I just had it on the list in case a certain .38 is better to shoot at the range, as I will be going there.

Last edited by gson; August 22, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries