View Single Post
Old October 2, 2005, 12:35 AM   #20
FLA2760

re "helping another" & the "Kitty Genovese" killing

Hi
As I read the various replys to the question, "would you help" I too thought of the Kitty Genovese tradegy. Iwas born in NYC only a few years before Kitty Genovese was killed. I remember hearing of the story several times while growing up. I moved out of NYC at the age of 33 to Florida, a state where the population can bear arms. Having lived in NYC and having been the victim of armed robbery 3 times in NYC and each time suffering only property loss (thank God) I made a vow to myself to be a defender and promoter of our 2nd Amendment rights. I know that many people in NYC WANT to get involved but that the NAZI STYLE GUN BAN that is the law of NYC denies most the means to do so. Could several men with bats been able to expose the brain matter of Kitty's attacker? Sure they could, just as they could have phoned the police but they did not. Why? Because they have been so conditioned by FEAR (oh I am afraid to get involved the big bad man may come after me next) mindset that is bred by DISARMING LAW ABIDING PEOPLE. Criminals are expert in smelling this fear and exploiting it to their own nafarious ends. The GUN BAN states;(IMO those that deny CCW) along with DC leading the nation in the number of murders is proof positive that gun control only emboldens criminals to ever increasing acts of violence with no fear of the victim fighting back. My long time friend who is a retired detective from NYPD once told me that the criminals generally don't fear jail but fear their actual apprehension by the police for fear that they may GET SHOT. In states that
"allow" their citizens CCW this same uncertainty of being SHOT is multiplied thousands of times over when the criminal is trying to pick a victim. Is he or she PACKING? Will my CAREER OF CRIME be ended today by a pistol packing granny? The result of this musing is a MARKED REDUCTION OF VIOLENT CRIME IN CCW STATES. The ultimate goal of "gun control" is TOTAL DISARMAMENT of THE PEOPLE vis-a-vis the UN "TREATY" on small arms. No matter how much they rant about protecting our children. The best "protection from guns" for kids is to teach them about guns and gun safety and take them shooting. I wonder if Kitty would still be with us if this happened in Florida? God be with her.
Steve

Page generated in 0.05741 seconds with 8 queries