View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 03:17 PM   #104
lcpiper

There are some of the Adventure games by Bethesda, like Fallout3 and Skyrim, which allow a player to be "good" or "evil" through choices and actions. I find that usually I play these games and wind up being a good guy, making the helpful choices as opposed to the only selfish and evil choices. I don't know for sure why this is, but it seems that I have to actually consciously choose to do bad things in order to make my character bad because if I am not paying attention I will make the good choices if I forget that I am trying to make a bad guy.

I don't know if this is because the reward for doing good things seems obvious to me, or if the game designers just did a poor job of making the whole bad guy thing work right.

Or perhaps, despite the fact that sometimes I catch myself being too hard on someone or not considerate enough, well...... maybe I am just a good guy in real life so in the virtual world being bad takes real effort.

Page generated in 0.05857 seconds with 8 queries