Thread: Ruger SR1911
View Single Post
Old March 4, 2013, 12:06 AM   #13
ClydeFrog

Brownells...

I do not own one of John Moses Browning's most popular designs.
I was issued a beat down 1911a1 Remington Rand .45acp in USFK(South Korea) in 1990. I'm not a huge fan of the model but it has a rich history & 1,000s of hard corps supporters.
The fact that the USMC & Colt just set up a new military contract for a 1911a1 series .45acp pistol should tell you how highly the pistol is considered.
Brownells, www.brownells.com markets a printed catalog of just 1911 items & gear.
There are many books, articles and forums/media just for the 1911 models too.
Here are some sources you can check or research; www.boatmanbooks.com www.paladin-press.com www.deltapress.com www.gunvideo.com www.nra.org .

Many like the new G10 type pistol grips for the 1911a1 series. Hogue makes great pistol grips in alloy, wood, rubber, nylon. Craig Spegel of OR makes 1911 pistol grips in wood. www.CraigSpegel.com
Crimsontrace & Lasermax market add-on laser aimers that fit the 1911a1/SR1911 models: www.crimsontrace.com www.lasermax.com .

For top protection or carry rounds in .45acp, Id suggest these brands; Speer Gold Dot 230gr JHP +P, Ranger T/T Series 230gr JHP +P, Remington Golden Saber 230gr JHP +P, Hornady Critical Duty 220gr round, TAP .45acp, PowRball .45acp, Corbon DPX.
ClydeFrog
www.shopcorbon.com www.grafs.com www.midwayusa.com www.gunzilla.us www.weaponshield.com www.mpro7.com www.sgammo.com www.ableammo.com www.cheaperthandirt.com www.natchezss.com

Page generated in 0.03733 seconds with 8 queries