View Single Post
Old January 31, 2013, 10:01 AM   #4
Slamfire

Quote:
When they make a mistake, it's "misinformation." When they lie, and they know full well that they are lying, it's "DISinformation."
Absolutely right. I highly recommend reading Edward Bernay's book "Propaganda". http://www.historyisaweapon.com/defcon1/bernprop.html Although written in 1928 it is timeless.

Successful propaganda does not have to be truthful, it just has to work for the time frame needed. The antigunners have a short time period to ram through gun bans, such as Como in New York, so they are going to do the most they can to create negative impressions about guns and gun ownership.

Ok, so the VP lied. Hundreds of millions saw his lie, it was on National Media, and hundreds of millions believe what he said because he is an authority figure, a celebrity. Saturate the public with enough lies in a short enough period and you can get any legislation you want through Congress.

Anyone remember that bit about “weapons of mass destruction” and Saddam Hussein? I still run into people who believe that Saddam stashed nukies and chemical weapons out in the desert sands of Iraq, and they are still beneath the sand dunes.

Page generated in 0.02930 seconds with 8 queries