Thread: Good trigger
View Single Post
Old July 8, 2011, 06:41 PM   #2
BigJimP

Yes, I notice bad triggers on shotguns ...and bad triggers will screw up your wing shooting or clay target shooting big time ....

A trigger with a lot of slack, or a lot of creep ...or one that breaks heavy ( over 4.75 lbs ) would drive me nuts. Instead of it breaking cleanly - and when I expect it to ....it'd be like trying to squeeze the head off a chicken...!! I have seen some poor triggers on a lot of pump guns and semi-autos -- that break up around 6 lbs ...and creep and wobble all over..

A good gunsmith can fix a bad trigger ...on a shotgun ...its usually $ 50 -
$100 to clean up a trigger.

Life is too short to shoot ugly guns / or guns with bad triggers ...or drink bad beer or cheap wine for that matter.... Browning makes 26 models of their Citori line of guns ...priced from $ 1,750 - $4,000 ....and the lower end guns, occasionally have some pretty crummy triggers. Most of my Browning O/U's like the Citori, XS Skeet model or the XT models ....break at 4.25 lbs ...and nice and crisp / with no slack or creep. Out of the dozen or so Browning O/U's I have ...I've only had to have one trigger re-worked ...and it was on a Citori Lightning .....new, out of the box, is was marginal - at around 6 lbs ...

My Browning BPS Hunter model guns ...pump guns in 12ga and 20ga ...have a lot of shells thru both of them ...but they both break right at 4.75 lbs ....and that's ok on a gun I use in the field / although these days, I shoot a lot of my O/U's in the field as well.

Page generated in 0.03380 seconds with 8 queries