View Single Post
Old March 8, 2010, 12:09 PM   #4
goodboy

Thank you and I agree with you and normally I dont carry as I havent got my ccw as of yet, due to here we dont have indoor ranges and they wont give you the test in the cold lol. I live in a somewhat remote location and there had been several large groups of unsavory looking characters wondering around. I arrived home with my 8 year old son to find 2 extremely large individuals and 5 smaller individuals behind them walking up my drive. I had been out to "my range" earlier and had 2 guns on me at that time so wasnt 2 concerned about being attacked. I later took my son to his moms and went grocery shopping when I returned home I saw the same group still wondering around my area. I was cleaning up and loading trash etc up and as it was a rather nice nite I decided to leave the door open. Now not wanting anyone to walk in and surprise me I strapped my 45 to my side and went about my work. I was actually standing in the back room of my house when I saw someone walking up the drive and with the low lighting I could not tell who it was so I stepped out onto the porch to let "them" know someone was there. I did not notice it was a police officer until he got up close enough that my lights hit him at which point I informed him I was armed. He took the gun and apparently called for back up as 5 more showed up with a matter of seconds. They did the usual took the gun, my id, a knife that was in my pocket. I will say that one of the officers was a very pleasant person and even apoligized for the hassle, and we stood and talked a bit and I tried to explain the situation. He seemed very understanding. I guess the irony here is that of all that was going on it was me the only one who had the right to be there that got the 5th degree. But I also understand it from there point of view also. I guess the fact they made me feel somewhat like a criminal for standing on my back porch with my gun is what really got to me. Like I said in a month or so when it gets and stays warmer I plan to get my ccw so such incidents wont happen. But anyway thanks for the advice and have a great day.

Page generated in 0.02549 seconds with 8 queries