View Single Post
Old March 29, 2013, 09:54 AM   #5
chewie146

Beretta "fee"! Well, they're not cheap . Yes, you can do it. No, it's not hard. No, it's not that comfortable. I used to conceal a full-sized gun. I don't now. There are situations where I do, though, and it is possible. Most of the time, my J-frame goes along for the ride. If you can do it all the time, you're a better man than I am. I had a friend who could conceal an N-frame like most of us could conceal a K-frame. Some people have the build and dress to carry big guns without trouble. I'm not one of them. The bigger the gun, the better your gear has to be to make it doable. You can get away with a J-frame in an uncle mike's, but something like a Beretta takes better belts and holsters to make it less cumbersome. Good holsters will go a long way, and the returns are better on big pistols.

Berettas are great guns, but there are great guns that are smaller. Shooting little pistols isn't that hard with some practice. I competed with a Glock 26, and placed in the top 2 or 3 at the local matches, which included Gunsite instructors and former and current protective force handgun instructors. I'm not attempting to boast, but rather illustrate that smaller guns are as effective accuracy-wise as larger guns. Police carry duty pistols because they can. It's out in the open, and they are more likely to need the higher capacity and higher velocity. For me, high capacity is a home-defense scenario.

If you look at carry trends as people navigate through holsters and weapons, you'll see handguns shrink rather than grow as most CCers move on. There's a reason for that. As a comparison, I'm 6'1" and about 205 right now. My ideal weight is about 190. My wife bakes to much around Christmas.

Last edited by chewie146; March 29, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

Page generated in 0.03342 seconds with 8 queries