View Single Post
Old November 11, 2009, 11:10 PM   #23
wpcexpert

Quote:
You cursorily dismissed shots to the haunches and such as random shots
The shot that went up her ham and into her heart wasn't on purpose. She jumped over a log just as I shot. She was quartering away at the time of release.

Quote:
Sure, but then it is a question of ethnics, quickness of the kill, how much meat is damaged, etc.
Since when did Race become an issue in hunting? I agree. I think that some folks may have misunderstood "Can be Killed". I mean that they can be taken with quick clean kills. The deer in the pictures, 60yds and less than 8 seconds. The doe with the arrow up her butt, 40 yds and less than 8 seconds.

I get a pass thru 99% of the time. With a 425gr arrow at +290fps. That is producing over 79 foot lbs of KE. So I don't think I've got any problems reaching the vitals from any angle.

The one shot I don't like and rarely take is under 7 yds from my treestand. Those single lung hits are the pits. If I have to take a close shot, I'll try and get a frontal for access to the heart.

Look, all I'm saying is that the full education is just as important as the right education.
When once a republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries