View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 10:03 PM   #12
Tim R

Another thought I have is do you have any F class buddies you can talk to and show you the ropes? I would hate to see you spend money on things like ammo which won't get the job done for you.

Please don't take this the wrong way. It's not intended to belittle you or anything like that. In fact it appears you are a hard charging guy with a goal in mind. We need more people like you.

There have been more times than I would like to count where a newbie would show up at a high power match with a brand new rifle and ammo. He is expecting to hold his own against match tuned AR’s with proper twist for heavy 223 bullets. His rifle has the wrong twist and his ammo won’t shoot straight at 300 yards let alone 600 yards. He walks away defeated and even with the gentle old timers’ advice on how to overcome his equipment short comings walks away and never returns. He spent a boat load of money and now he has to spend more. You don't have to have the best equipment, just the right equipment.

Your rifle should work out just fine but I would strongly suggest finding someone to help you out so you don’t become frustrated. I’ve found most shooters like to talk about their equipment. Now if you are already doing this then just tell me to shut up. Best.

Page generated in 0.02800 seconds with 8 queries