View Single Post
Old July 24, 2014, 09:13 PM   #4
jmr40

They are all long action. When it comes to fast, accurate repeat shots they are faster than anything but a semi and not that far behind them.

They are not especially light. Most will weigh 7 1/4 -7 1/2 lb compared to most lever actions weighing 6 3/4 -7 1/4 lbs. With optics they are downright heavy. You can get bolt actions selling for considerably less weighing 6-6 1/2 lbs.

Quote:
A problem may be that some people try to make it into a battle rife, and it just isn't one.
This is true, especially with the 7400 and to a degree with the 7600 too. Neither is designed for rapid fire for more than 4-5 shots. Also, while pump shotguns are known for reliability, it does not carry over to pump rifles. If you run into any ammo that is slightly out of spec, or if the chamber gets even a little dirty there they will jam up easily. Not enough leverage to get sticky cases out of the chamber. This is probably the heart of the 7400's reliabilty issues. As long as the gun is very clean, and quality ammo is used they do pretty good. Not traits I want in a survival gun. It needs to work, no excuses.

I prefer a short barreled bolt rifle. This is the role the Scout type rifles are designed for. Lighter and much more reliable and accurate. Rate of fire is a tad bit slower, but once someone learns how to run a bolt rifle right the difference is small. I can get off 3 aimed shots with my bolt rifles in under 4 seconds. A pump rifle is only 1 second faster with me pulling the trigger. I can get off 3 unaimed shots with a bolt gun in under 2 seconds.

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries