Thread: What is it?
View Single Post
Old August 24, 2011, 07:04 PM   #23
Win73

Quote:
I would say so and one that is having a bad hair-day. I'm basing this primarily by the look of his tail. Have to admit that the ones I usually see are closer to the ground and not quite as frizzy-haired. .....
It does look very similar to a groundhog. And that is the only native animal in North Alabama that it could be. However the ones I am used to seeing are about twice as big (of course, as I stated, it could be a young one), have more brownish hair, and it doesn't stick out like that. As for being closer to the ground, they are built for digging tunnels. The tunnel doesn't have to be as tall that way.

I looked up pictures of a muskrat. It doesn't appear to be one.

Quote:
Man its diggin that salt lick. I'll store that away for my varmint shooting days.
That reminds me. I got a picture of a coyote at one of my salt licks. And yes that was about a 15 inch snow storm that hit North Alabama. We get one about every 20 years.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Last edited by Win73; August 24, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02813 seconds with 8 queries