Thread: Jaded?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Drizzt

Jaded?

I guess it's just all been getting to me. I walked in a local gun store yesterday that I had not been in for some time and was just so overwhelmingly surprised just because they acted like they should. Decent selection of firearms for the size of the store. Good prices. The fellow behind the counter was polite and helpful.

I had just gotten to the point where I was expecting to be brushed off in there, just like all the other stores I have been to lately. It seems that either the local stores just look at you with disdain unless you flash them a large wad of cash to get their attention, or you can go someplace like Cabelas, where they try, but are just so overwhelmed with the number of people that you can't get a word in edgewise. Regardless, though, that does not excuse my cynicism. I am glad to know that some stores out there are still trying, so I will try to be a bit more open-minded about visiting them as well.
"That a free citizen should have to go before a committee, hat in hand, and pray for permission to bear arms - fantastic! Arm your daughter, sir, and pay no attention to petty bureaucrats." Robert Heinlein - Red Planet

Page generated in 0.04084 seconds with 8 queries