View Single Post
Old January 8, 2013, 05:48 PM   #6
tulsamal

Quote:
we don't want to take away your guns any more than we want to give up the two guns we have locked in a safe at home.
I heard her say that on the news. It made me yell at the TV. I mean, can you really brag about being a gun owner if you own a whole two guns and they are locked up somewhere else? If I had been interviewing them, I would have asked them when was the last time they went shooting? I'm guessing it was before the incident. (I don't KNOW that but it sounds that way.) So you still technically own two guns... you bought them years ago... you haven't shot or touched them in years... do you really get to go on TV and portray yourself as a "typical gun owner?"

As was said, I'm sympathetic to her situation. But I get a lot less sympathetic when she wants to use that situation to take away my rights. I didn't do anything wrong. I did my volunteer time in the Army and I've got a perfectly clean legal record. But attacking me and the kinds of guns I like to own is somehow the proper response to a tragic event?

Gregg

Page generated in 0.02487 seconds with 8 queries