View Single Post
Old December 27, 2006, 04:34 PM   #31
RERICK

Loadmaster

I got mine a few weeks ago and its just like everyone says.You need to have patience.I did have an issue as to the powder measure in terms of light charges of Power Pistol.It was suggested that I lube the little wiper with a dry graphite and I did so.I also lubed the disk I was using.It hasn't given me a problem since.Before I lubed it I was getting 5.6 grains and according to the chart with that disk I should have gotten 6.I now get 5.9 almost all the time which to me is ok.I did pick up the RCBS baffle and installed it and the micro disk and the adjustble one as well.I also had some issues with the priming system as to some sideways installed primers and one upside down one and a couple of crushed also.I took it apart and rubbed the graphite lube into it and blew off the excess with a little compressed air and it hasn't given me a problem since.It should be noted that this was the same method I used to lube the powder measure.I am happy that I bought a Loadmaster and would do it again.I have used Dillon presses and they do work well but they are not without there issues as well in terms of the priming system as I did see my buddy have things such as sideways and primers getting crushed.
They are very good presses but I could not justify the cost.I guess some drive Chevy and some will drive a Ford ?

I almost forgot the guy at Lee said if I wanted to I could install a decapping die in the first station and remove the decapper from the sizeing die and put it in the priming station and that would help with alignment of the shell.I did do this and it does work well.

Last edited by RERICK; December 27, 2006 at 07:32 PM. Reason: I had another thought

Page generated in 0.02956 seconds with 8 queries