View Single Post
Old March 9, 2013, 08:14 PM   #23
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDinFL
But the OP sure sounds like there is no reloading manual in the library. Not using published data from the makers of either the powder or bullet is asking for danger. With the flood of millions of new gun owners and the tens of thousands of new reloaders who come here and to other sites looking for the "quick answer" instead of doing their homework, we as experienced reloaders need to do a "STOP, RTFM" and then have them ask for clarifications, not before they have read the books
You certainly have a valid point when giving the meat and potatoes for advice. The called pitch may be the right one, but the style of delivery could be adjusted. Again, reading a manual is most certainly the first and best step in the process. But the OP didn't say he did or did not read manuals first. Do many new loaders fail to do this? I'm willing to bet sadly it is the case. But let's give members the benefit of the doubt and/or clarify a few issues before asserting oneself too blatantly.

Let's all keep in mind we have a member that's wanting to explore a hobby/lifestyle that we all have grown to love. We were all in his shoes at one time or another. As I hope people were patient with you starting up, I expect the same culture to pass on to the ones new today.

The LAST thing we need is to turn off those that otherwise would help bolster what's left of our gun culture in our beloved, yet troubled country.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.02428 seconds with 8 queries