View Single Post
Old March 16, 2011, 09:44 AM   #23
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmortimer
If you keep careful records there is no reason the exact same expert analysis would not apply.
What do you define as "careful records?" I am neither a reloader nor someone who practices criminal law, so this is out of my league; but just looking at it, it looks like reloads would raise at least the following issues in getting an exemplar load admitted for evidence:

1. Can we trust the records of the person on trial with regards to evidence that supports his version of events? Was there an opportunity to tamper with those records after the police investigation started?

2. How do we know that the handload loaded in the firearm was the same handload used for testing?

I don't mean that question to sound confrontational; but as a lawyer and a gun guy, I get asked this question a lot, so I would be interested in learning about good mitigation techniques for those who do want to continue using their handloads.

What would you recommend to a client that wanted to use reloads with regards to best recordkeeping practices?

Page generated in 0.02414 seconds with 8 queries