View Single Post
Old October 4, 2011, 09:37 PM   #1
Old 454

Going to start reloading....

I am going to start reloading come this spring,I am waiting because I want to garner as much info as I can about reloading.

I just recieved my first reloading manual the 49th edition Lyman and have read a couple of others.

The question I have is, what press?

I have read soooooo much info that I have seen pros and cons on about all of them.

I was leaning towards a Lee press untill I went to Cabelas and seen an RCBS, Hornady and a Lee all lined up.

I was going to go for the Lee Turret press as you can get a decent(?) start up kit at a reasonable price and you can lock the turret and use it as a single stage press untill you got more acclimated to the reloading proccess and Lee offers a wide veriey of reloading tools, dies etc., but once I seen it and checked it out it seemed a bit flimsy.

I was thinking maybe the Hornady as it was constructed very heavily and seemed to work alot smoother then the Lee Turret press.

And another thing is I didn't want to buy just a single stage press and then eventually wind up buying a turret or progressive later on.

So I guess my question is the best press to start with and be happy with it for years to come.

I am not doing reloading to just save money on ammo, I want to know more about the sport of shooting and also I can share this with my son and do it together as we both like shooting and I want the satisfaction of knowing I am doing some thing I know I will enjoy.

Thanks for any advice you can sheed on this for me!

Page generated in 0.03232 seconds with 8 queries