View Single Post
Old September 26, 2000, 03:04 PM   #1
Dave3006

I have a background in karate, Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I have a reasonable game plan for the various stages of a fight from standing to finishing on the ground.

My question is, what role does a knife play in your personal defense plan? When would you deploy it? I do carry a knife. However, I need to clarify in advance what it's role is. For example:

1. I would not deploy it in a situation where the other guy did not have a weapon. The legal aftermath would be overwhelming.

2 If I were facing multiple attackers, I probably would not deploying the knife. It could mean it would be used on me later if they take it.

3. If someone wanted to attack me with a knife, I would probably not see it until it was too late.

4. The only time it would seem to make sense is if I happened to be the unlucky guy sitting in McDonalds when the next crazed gunman comes through the door. The threat would be deadly. The knife would be justified. If it was a handgun, the 20' rule would apply. I could actually have a chance.
Of course, to say this is remote is an understatement.

When would you use your knife???

Page generated in 0.03617 seconds with 8 queries