Thread: CCW question
View Single Post
Old February 27, 2009, 12:00 PM   #60
ezenbrowntown

Welcome to TFL.......

Glad to have you amongst us..........

You've already learned a valuable lesson, take everything with a grain of salt! There is a lot of information to be had on here. Some will be easy to find, some will have to be sifted through. You sure to find people who think like you do, some that seem a little extreme/timid as the case may be.

Concealed carry, IMO, is much more than just basic firearms knowledge. I've been taught firearms safety since I was little, been around guns my whole life, I understand safely handling a firearm, etc. However, CCW is a whole other animal. There is much more liability involved than just simple plinking on a range. I've personally been steadily researching it for the last year, and I plan on actually taking the class this next month.

Some take the approach of "you must carry now, before it is too late". To each their own, but someone not ready (physically, emotionally and/or spiritually) or prepared can be a serious liability to his/her self or family in my opinion.

Carrying a handgun is similar to having a fire extinguisher. You get it with the hopes that you'll never have to use it.

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries