View Single Post
Old August 2, 2001, 02:51 AM   #11
AndyTheGunNut

BP Vest Prices

After looking for one for a while, I've finally purchased a 3A vest on eBay for $165 (including S/H). I should get it next week. My questions are as follows:

1. I'm looking for a surplus, clearance, or used rifle plate. I think the pocket measures something like 13" x 13". I've seen 11" x 12" plates advertised. Does anyone know of a cheap source for one of these? If I have to spend more than $50, I'm just going for scrap steel plate.

2. Has anyone heard of Marric? They are out of Mexico. They made my vest.

3. My thinking is that for the general public, in the city, 99% of self defense would occur with a CCW or lesser weapon - carried either on the person, in their truck, or in their bedroom. There are reasons to keep a 3A vest and a military rifle. Among them are riots, and the original intent of the 2nd amendment.

4. What rifle ammo is best for penetrating light armor? I've seend 30-06 AP listed as the qualification for Level 4. I've also been told that a .308 is just a shortened 30-06. Can .308 be as potent as 30-06? I've got plenty of SS109s, but I'm loosing faith in them as 3A body armor becomes easily conealable. My next rifle will be purchased expressly for the purpose of setting aside with a large quantity of AP ammo.

Thanks,

AndyTheGunNut

Page generated in 0.02958 seconds with 8 queries