Thread: 12 Ga Coach Gun
View Single Post
Old December 8, 2012, 09:55 AM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

A plinker and an HD gun really are 2 different beasts....

You need to do your part to both get real acquainted with your weapon and what it will do as well as verify reliability...

A GOOD double barrel has and will defend homes well...

I have no experience with modern imported guns but hear that accuracy (barrel regulation) and reliability can be hit or miss (pun fully intended)...

I bought my 1953 Stevens 20 gauge in very serviceable condition with coach length cut down (great job was done) barrels and junk 1st gen plastic stocks for $100.00... Adding $175 for NEW walnut stocks, some stain and polyurethane and I still come in under the lowest priced multi-barrel import on the market...

Might look for a deal like that on a pre-1980's American made gun that would serve you better...

While the "Rabbit Ear" hammers look really cool, I wouldn't trust them with my life... On lesser guns, they are not immune from being easily bent or broken off... The pin they are screwed to is also an exposed point of vulnerability... Then you add in risk of snagging on the drapes or lampshade, and I prefer the internal hammers and my double trigger set...

Brent

Page generated in 0.06411 seconds with 8 queries