Thread: Tactical sxs?
View Single Post
Old December 5, 2013, 09:00 AM   #11
semi_problomatic

Mkay rs97..... Let me point some things out for you, that you obviously missed.

Just recently bought a cz over under mallard 12 and once two sxs but my interested keep coming back to the deul barrels. I saw the stoeger coach with like a tactical setup and it interested me. Anyone wanna share the pros and cons or had a double for a home defense gun?

Now I listed the pros and cons for THAT gun compared to other guns built for HD. You can compare every sxs to other HD guns if you want to simply justify whatever vague point you have, or if you just feel the need to defend all sxs's. I don't really care.

Sure, 8 round capacity is faster. Fantastic. You know of any 8 round capacity sxs's? No? So what's your point again? Oh thats right....nothing.

Sure, if you leave your double loaded, and some lose an arm in some struggle...you have two shots. If you had a semi auto, you have whatever capacity your mag holds. Again, do you have a point? If you leave your sxs unloaded, and you lose your arm...how many shots do you have then?

And as far as two different sight pictures... Well, let me explain the nature of a sxs.... You have TWO barrels side by side of each other. Between them is ONE sight post. This means there is a barrel to the left and right of that sight post. Tracking so far? Glad we figured that one out. Does it matter in HD distances? Maybe not. But it is a con vs other similiarly purposed guns.

2) If you do your part, without flaw, the first shot is the only one that counts.(30 round mags don't help once you get hit in the chest)

Sure, true enough. The only problem is there was only I perfect person I've ever heard about, and he died over 2,000 years ago... Everyone else is subject to mistakes. Your best bet in high stress is to mitigate chances of messing up.

5) I can outperform some of my friends with a single shot shotgun

Outperform them doing what?

6) the best home defence setup is a fence, gate, 2 dogs, and a firearm that you are competent with.

And an alarm, bars and locks on your doors and windows, lots of lights... But sure.

I think the sxs double is the quickest handleing, smoothest to swing, fastest to load, and it's safety is never in question. and I never leave a gun loaded anywhere.

You can think what you want, but breaking open a shotgun to load two at a time is not faster than racking a pump or charging handle. To claim so is tom foolery. If it's what you're familiar with, fine.

You can buy what you want. But why make a post asking about a gun for HD then simply ignore whats said and defend the gun? Why ask at all?

Page generated in 0.03348 seconds with 8 queries