View Single Post
Old November 18, 2011, 06:07 PM   #18
GringoLoco

Yeah, I understand that. Also understand people would be concerned about me hurting myself. To ease some fears, I am fully aware of the potential for me to screw things up and ruin some parts. Like I already said though, I'm willing to write it off as an investment in experience. As for safety, I don't plan on messing with anything that would cause a runaway gun or anything like that. Plan on a "drop in" trigger that I can just file down the trigger itself to fit, not touching the sear engagement. I do plan on attempting the beavertail myself though, that's the part I'm looking forward to most haha. Yeah, I know how easy it would be to trash my frame. That's why I expect it to take a loooong time to do. I don't have a lot of smithing experience, other than an AK conversion on my Saiga-12, but I do have a lot of experience doing precision tasks with my hands. I'm pretty confident I can do at least a halfway decent job. I'm sure it won't be as good as a pro, but it'll be "mine," and everybody had to do it for the first time once.

Page generated in 0.03696 seconds with 8 queries