View Single Post
Old March 4, 2010, 04:45 PM   #8
TxGun

I agree that PGO shotguns are far less versatile than guns with a full buttstock. But I disagree that they are uncontrollable and/or that they are painful to shoot. I do not find them to be either. In fact, at defensive ranges, i.e., out to 20' or so, I find a 12 ga. PGO shotgun to be easily controllable for accuracy, especially with reduced recoil buck, and actually fun to shoot. I have occasionally shot up to 20-25 rounds at a time with no problems whatsoever. My brother and I bounce plastic milk jugs all over his rural backyard, out to 25-30 yards or so, and rarely miss...maybe 'cause there's usually a wager involved . In any case, it's not a field set-up, or a target set-up, and obviously if you make those kind of comparisons you'll be disappointed. I find them to be a good option for a truck/travel gun, for example, as they are easier to maneuver inside a vehicle. Again, good for certain specialized applications, IMO. But certainly not versatile enough to replace your full stocked gun. And all JMO.

Last edited by TxGun; March 4, 2010 at 07:35 PM.

Page generated in 0.03467 seconds with 8 queries