View Single Post
Old January 23, 2000, 11:13 PM   #6
jthuang

I have a 590 as one of my defense guns. A 590 with ghost rings and Surefire would be a great gun!

I will second the notion of spending the extra bucks for the A1 model and ditching the pistol grip. My 590 does not have the metal trigger group (and it's never failed) but for the additional money it can't hurt to have more durable parts. The pistol grip will make using the safety more awkward, thus my suggestion to ditch the PG stock.

I have a Surefire Responder 617F on my Benelli M1S90. If you do spring for the Surefire, I'd recommend laying out the extra cash for the "F" model --which incorporates a constant on/off switch. This is because if you've got a goblin at gunpoint in your home (in a low-light situation), you'll need one hand free to call 911, while keeping the light on and retaining the ability to fire.

I think someone from a previous thread mentioned that Surefire now carries a model for the 590 that does not require you to grind off the bayonet lug to install the fore-end. The standard Surefire fore-end for the 590 will require you to whack off the bayonet lug.

HTH

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Page generated in 0.03411 seconds with 8 queries