View Single Post
Old March 22, 2011, 02:48 PM   #4
4EVERM-14

Sifugun,
My advice is to just go shoot that first match. Have fun. You will then have a better handle on the info you need to write down.
[COLOR="black"]
Quote:
In the box that saids "Elevation Zero" and "Windage Zero" what would we enter there? Is the elevation zero box asking for the range in yards we zeroed the rifle, load, and scope at?
[/COLOR
]
Your gun should have a Mechanical Zero[MZ]. That is with the sights all the way down and centered. The elevation/windage zero on the sheet is the number of clicks from MZ for the distance you're going to shoot. On my gun I come up 7 clicks from MZ to shoot 200yards. So I would put 7 in the Elevation box, 0 in the windage box.
Quote:
Why does each shot string column have a place for elevation and windage? Will the elevation and windage change for each shot? Or are those boxes there just in case we change the elevation and windage?

You may have to change settings because of wind and this helps keep track of where you are.
Quote:
And the "MM/Sights" box along with the "Sights, E/W on" box have something to do with the "Diopter sight" used for This type of competition shooting.

Next to that is reloading information. Different ammo may have different POI. This box is a reference for the ammo your using.
A good place to look online would be ODCMP. Google that and spend the day browsing. Hope this helps.
Distinguished Rifleman #731
Presidents 100

Page generated in 0.02309 seconds with 8 queries