View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 08:49 AM   #1
sharpie443

Smith Sights for the Mosin-Nagant rifle

I’ve had my M44 for a while now but hardly ever took it out to the range. I liked the rifle and it was fun to shot but I couldn’t really do anything other than waist ammo with it. The fact that it shot a foot and a half high at 100 yards made target shooting difficult and not as much fun as it could be. It also meant that I couldn’t use it for hunting like I originally intended. I have plenty of dedicated hunting rifles like my Marlin 30-30 but I wanted to hunt with the M44 just for the fun of it.

That is until I found smith sights. He offers original sights that have been modified to allow you to adjust for elevation. They are simple, don’t change the look of the firearm, and they are cheap. So everything I was looking for in a front sight for this rifle. The sights are $17.50 if you ship him your sight to be modified or $35 if you want to buy one outright. Just keep in mind that it is one guy doing this and it’s not his main job from what I understand. It takes 4-6 weeks to get the sight depending on how back ordered he is.

Over all I am very happy with this product. Not only does it work well but it doesn’t alter the rife in any noticeable or permanent way. That’s a major plus for me when it comes to surplus military rifles. So if you looking for a way to dial in the sights on your m44 or 91/30 I would say give smith sights a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVbLVCZMbOU

Page generated in 0.03475 seconds with 8 queries