View Single Post
Old February 1, 2011, 01:38 AM   #3
rjrivero

If you are going to MAKE a SBR/SBS/Silencer/AOW you use a "Form 1." Google 5320.1 and you'll come up with a BUNCH of places to download it off the internet.

Send in a check for $200, a pair of completed Form 1's printed front and back both with original signatures in ink, and a Certificate of Compliance (google 5330.20), and your fingerprint cards, then wait for the form to come back.

You can now build your SBR. Note: You will need to engrave the receiver properly to be in compliance with the SBR marking rules.

If you are going to BUY a SBR/SBS/Silencer/AOW you use a "Form 4." Google 5320.4 and you can download it as well. Go to the Local Class III/SOT dealer, pick out your suppressor and pay for it.

You need to send a check for $200, a pair of completed Form 4's front and back each with original signatures in ink, and a certificate of compliance (5330.20), and your fingerprint cards and wait until the Form 4 comes back to the dealer. Your dealer will contact you to tell you it came in. Then you can go pick up your Suppressor.

*If you are using a Trust, LLC/Corp, your paperwork requirements change a little bit. You do not need your passport sized photos, CLEO signoff, or fingerprint cards. You will need a copy of your trust, or your LLC certificate, or equivalent.

**It has been suggested that the google links I provided may be condesending. It isn't my intent to do so, but the code for LMGTFY is much easier for me to remember than the google search page code. I mean no insult what so ever. Computers are NOT related to my work, so I try to keep it simple.

***Have you considered using the side folder RIFLE as a SBR project? I would think having the capability of FOLDING the stock would be a nice option for a SBR. Especially considering it would still be functional with the stock folded.

Just a thought.

Last edited by rjrivero; February 1, 2011 at 01:46 AM.

Page generated in 0.03620 seconds with 8 queries