View Single Post
Old December 24, 2012, 10:23 PM   #18
CharlieDeltaJuliet

To all of my brothers and sisters on these forums..

Thank you guys for a great year of conversation, debate and fun filled facts about firearms, and other topics. To each of you I wish you a very Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays if you support something else. I wish each of you the very best and hope to see many new faces join our ranks. We are different races, different religious backgrounds , different political affiliates and different as individuals, but we are united as gun owners. Remember this. As I ready for bed this Christmas Eve night I see people buying firearms in fear of the possibility of a ban. While I shiver at the thought of what the anti's would like to do, I gain a little hope that so many are showing their interest and support by purchasing firearms and writing their representatives. Thank you all

I leave you this Christmas Eve, but only for a day or so to spend with my wife,daughter and family. I cannot help but think of a speech I heard that changed me. It was given by Charlton Heston.... He said...

""Every time our country stands in the path of danger, an instinct seems to summon her finest first — those who truly understand her.
"When freedom shivers in the cold shadow of true peril, it's always the patriots who first hear the call.
"When loss of liberty is looming, as it is now, the siren sounds first in the hearts of freedom's vanguard. The smoke in the air of our Concord bridges and Pearl Harbors is always smelled first by the farmers, who come from their simple homes to find the fire, and fight, because they know that sacred stuff resides in that wooden stock and blued steel -- something that gives the most common man the most uncommon of freedoms.
"When ordinary hands can possess such an extraordinary instrument, that symbolizes the full measure of human dignity and liberty. That's why those five words issue an irresistible call to us all, and we muster. So -- so, as, ah, we set out this year to defeat the divisive forces that would take freedom away, I want to say those fighting words for everyone within the sound of my voice to hear and to heed -- and especially for you, Mister Gore: From my cold dead hands!"

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my friends....
..." - Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03799 seconds with 8 queries