View Single Post
Old March 12, 2009, 11:38 AM   #16
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Let's see, there are almost 69,000 registered members here. Many of these no longer participate at TFL. Many only visit occasionally. But over 11,000 folks visit TFL on a regular basis.

There are literally hundreds of new posts daily. There are less than 2 dozen moderators to ensure that things run smoothly and that the standards developed here, are met.

Just looking at the numbers, and little else, it is apparent that the vast majority of members here, agree with how the board is run.

Given the fierce independent nature of gun owners, we do not all agree with each other on individual issues. Given the longevity of TFL and its members, we appear to agree with the direction TFL is going. This is substantiated by the knowledge, and intelligence of our members and by the wealth of information that has been collected here.

I might add that some of the standards that have been developed here, have been used by other gun boards. Those that are long time members here, take a little pride in the fact that TFL leads where others follow or get out of our way.

Yet, there are always those that would rather have a completely unstructured forum. Or even less structured. That's fine. There are a plethora of gun boards out on the interwebs. Given this, I don't understand the view that opposes what we do or what we are about. It is so easy to find another venue where things may be run, um, more to your liking.

Ben, I don't know how long (if any) you browsed TFL before joining. If you did browse around a bit, then you had to have noticed how things are done here. This leads to the question, "If you didn't like what we are about, why did you join?"

If you just found us through a google search and immediately joined up, then you haven't given much time to form your opinion.

Regardless, after less than a week, you have come to the conclusion that you don't like the way things are done here. So my suggestion to you, is to just leave.

I'm pretty blunt about this. TFL is not about the number of members; Or the number of threads; Or the number of posts. TFL is about the quality of all the above. Quality over quantity. Always has been, and always will be.

Page generated in 0.02141 seconds with 8 queries