View Single Post
Old February 9, 2007, 10:39 PM   #108
Chindo18Z

Wow. It's hard to believe this thread is still going strong.

Let's see if I can summarize what I've learned (or already knew):

No major modern major military force uses this technique. Including (the last time I was around them), the active Israeli force. Can't speak to current Israeli Reservist practices.

No modern LEO agencies use this technique.

No successful competitive shooters use this technique.

No successful major civilian training schools recommend this technique.

No government or private contractor Personal Security Details use this technique.

No US military Special Operations forces (nor any foreign ones that I've worked with) use this technique. Although the occasional cherry asks the question...

There appears to be no paying market demand for this technique at shooting schools since the 1980s.

Folks who are apprehensive about SA Condition One Carry or loaded Glocks appear to like it.

There is a guy named Bob (who bought the Israeli VHS tape out of the discount holster bin) who swears by it.

According to its proponets, against a stopwatch, I should be able to chug an unopened can of beer quicker than someone can chug an already opened one...

I should release a training DVD advocating a one-handed, bladed-body duellist stance; there is bound to be an untapped retro-tactical market (as long as I wear a WWI Imperial German Army Uniform in the video).

Hmmmnn...

Last edited by Chindo18Z; February 9, 2007 at 11:41 PM.

Page generated in 0.02332 seconds with 8 queries