View Single Post
Old May 7, 2005, 01:58 PM   #32
MoW

stephen426

This whole forum is about opinion's. My CCW instructor specifically went over this very scenario as well as others. Firing from a vehicle is a no no for the fact of endangering other innocents. The vehicle would/could be replaced by insurance. Killing someone over an item that could be replaced is looked down on by the law. Again suppose there were someone in the next vehicle that was shot or killed by his fire. It happened here at an ATM where the man was being robbrd(at knife)in his car after visiting an ATM. The man then shot at the suspect---1 shot missed an killed an 8 year old girl laying in the back of a nearby car. He is now serving 7+ years. As I noted, the man(apparently in this case) had no weapon and his life was not endangered. Pulling the gun should have been sufficient IMO to end this situation. Firing his gun wasn't needed and indeed(his missed shot) could have resulted in tradgedy. The law is tolerant for domain(home and job) but not so in public areas where others could be hurt---as I said you would need to show direct threat to your life for justifying shooting an unarmed man for stealing something that could be replaced.

Page generated in 0.03521 seconds with 8 queries