View Single Post
Old April 5, 2013, 04:57 PM   #78
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher 1
With all these new laws and restrictions in the New England area it looks like the anti-gun folks are already in control there. What I'd like to know is why, on a topic of a constitutional right, the citizens don't get to vote on law proposals like this.
Because, in theory, we have elected representatives to do that for us.

Unfortunately, the process has been corrupted beyond all recognition. Like the NY law, the new CT law was a backroom deal that was all worked out in secret. It was presented as a fait accompli to the full membership of the CT House and Senate late on Monday, for a vote on Wednesday. The bill was 139 pages long. Despite the fact that the Sandy Hook incident was an aberration, a one-of-a-kind event that CT had not seen in 350 years of its existence, and the event took place nearly four MONTHS ago, the legislative power-brokers presented the bill as "emergency" legislation and had it certified as such, which allowed them to railroad it through with NO public hearings on the actual language of the bill, and most of the usual legislative process for new laws suspended.

It was like Nancy Pelosi and Obamacare all over again: "We'll have to pass it to find out what it says."

I suppose I'm naive, but I don't believe that's the way the gentlemen who set up this country intended things to be done.

Last edited by Aguila Blanca; April 7, 2013 at 07:09 AM.

Page generated in 0.03491 seconds with 8 queries