Thread: Sabos?
View Single Post
Old March 15, 2011, 05:41 PM   #13
saudst

sabots

First let me appoligize for my miss spelling of Sabot, Phonix I guess:] Also thank you all for replying, I have never heard of such a thing in a revolver either but wanted to put it out there to see if anyone has done this before. I remember the Remington loads and the reports of them not shooting well and that was in a more contained chamber than a revolver set up.

I have a 500 Smith, and also reload for my 44 Mag. and one day me and a freind were inquireing about tradeing it in for the 460 Smith for a flater shooting set up. The gunshops are not willing to make a very good deal with me, and my freind says latter " what about useing the sabots for you muzle loader "? After the initial coolness wore off ( 20 seconds ) I thought cylinder gap, forceing cone and the fact that the preasure would be 4 to 6 times greater than these sabots were designed for. I'm not one to experiment with something beyond my capabilities to the point it may be dangerous. I make my liveing with my hands and eyes, and they are worth more than several 460's to me. Thanks for your replies, I will put this one in the won't work drawer.

Tim.

Page generated in 0.02277 seconds with 8 queries