Thread: Cetme .308
View Single Post
Old November 14, 2006, 12:31 AM   #4
candr44

My Cetme is one of my most accurate and fun to shoot rifles. It also has never given me a single problem.

You can still get a new one from Century. They started making them again for $569. For that price I would spend a little more and get a JLD PTR91 instead. If you want a Cetme, you better check on ammo availability also. You can't shoot commercial ammo in them only surplus and right now the surplus seems to have dried up.

If you are going to buy a used one, check the bolt gap. It should be between .005 and .020. Also check if the bolt has been ground to increase bolt gap. A ground bolt is a sign of trouble. Check that the gun was also welded up straight and the welds aren't cracked. Then check the Century muzzle break, if it has one, and make sure they didn't drill the retaining pin hole for it all the way through the barrel.

If you take the time to learn about them and know what to look for you can get a good one. You can also get spare parts right now by buying a parts kit. After the kits are gone, some of the parts will be very hard to find. You may have to resort to getting parts from Spain.

http://www.cetmerifles.com has a lot of information and knowledgable people there.

Page generated in 0.02291 seconds with 8 queries