View Single Post
Old January 22, 2010, 12:46 PM   #33
orangello

^^^ I like that answer.

Honestly, I enjoy a drink now and then, and i'm not going to allow the potential for a home invasion ruin that for me. If i've had a couple of drinks and i am put in a situation that makes me feel threatened, i will take whatever steps i feel are necessary to preserve my good health. If you continue down this slippery slope of rationalization for over-preparedness bordering on paranoia, you could end up afraid to leave you house to buy a gallon of milk for fear the boogy man is going to be hiding under your car with a SAW & body armor. I try to be well-prepared for threats that can be reasonably expected to occur, that's about my limit personally. That said, if you live in an area that has frequent home invasions and similar crime, well maybe you should consider moving or maybe you should keep it to a two beer limit when you are in the "war zone". I don't live in such an area, nor do i strive for a "front line" level of preparedness, but don't let me deter you from being as prepared as you need to be to feel comfortable in your own home.

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries