View Single Post
Old March 7, 2005, 02:24 PM   #1
The Colin

I just wanted to do my laundry!

Well here is a story for you...

As i have posted on here before, I dont live in the best apartment complex. This morning after having a very honest conversation with my landlord I hope to get out of my lease ASAP.

So last night i'm just doing laundry in the coin opperated machines in my complex. At about 11 pm i figure my clothes have to be dry so I put on my shoes and coat and grab my Sig. I'm carrying a Sig Pro 2009 in a IWB holster with CorBon 115gr JHPs and a 3'' folder.

As i enter the laundry room i notice first of all a guy waiting for his laundry to finish. He's drunk holding a beer and he has a large folding knife in his jeans - Not exactly looking like a Boy Scout. I saw the knife and that got me on the defensive from the start, but my dryer had 3 minutes to go. i stand back to the other side of the room my back against the wall and door 5 feet to my right.

10-15 seconds later another guy, even less of a model citizen, storms into the room and heads straight to the other guy. Just as it looks like he is going to hit the guy with the knife he strikes the dryer my clothes are in, cracking the plastic window (OUCH!). Obviously on something, he turns an yells "who the F*ck is using my dryer?!" followed by a stream of four letter words my mother wouldnt approve of. He moves toward the other guy, who starts to palm for his knife. He stops then moves toward me. I promptly grab my gun but do not draw (dont ask me why i didnt, i feel like I should have) i step back and walk out the door facing the crazy guy the whole time.

He then screams a few more obsenities at the other guy and runs out...

So critique me. What did i do wrong? Other than living in a crappy apartment of course!

It is situations like this that remind me how critical it is to be prepared.

Page generated in 0.03655 seconds with 8 queries